Carrot Mask Nourishes Wintertime Skin
Treat wintertime skin to the extra pampering it needs with a moisture-rich, nutrition-packed carrot mask. Cold winds, icy temperatures, and dry indoor air can leave the skin dry and dull—especially on our face. An organic mask that contains carrots is a completely natural and highly effective way of restoring your complexion's radiance and resilience. The key to the rejuvenating effects of a carrot mask lies in its nutrient content:
- Beta carotene – Scientific studies suggest that this powerful antioxidant helps to counteract the damaging effects of sun exposure and environmental pollutants. In addition to slowing the development of fine lines and wrinkles, the healing properties of beta carotene reduce the irritation and itchiness of dehydrated skin. It also returns suppleness by promoting faster cell turnover. Beta carotene is the perfect pick-me-up for pale wintertime complexions. The red and yellow pigments it contains contribute to a warm, even skin tone.
- Vitamins C & E – Like beta carotene, these antioxidant vitamins play an important role in repairing the cell damage caused by aging, UVA radiation, and environmental toxins.
- B-complex of vitamins – Folic acid, thiamin, pantothenic acid, and other B vitamins are vital to healthy cell metabolism.
- Vitamin K – Research on this vitamin indicates that it protects the skin's elasticity and improves the appearance of dark under-eye circles.
- Minerals – Carrots are also loaded with minerals, such as potassium, manganese, and phosphorus that play an important role in the formation of new collagen cells.
This revitalizing combination of nutrients is beneficial to every skin type—both as a facial treatment and as part of a healthful wintertime diet.